Good morning and welcome to your weekday morning roundup of the top stories you need to know.
For more daily and weekly briefings, sign up for our newsletters here.
What’s going on today:
- Graham will “go to war” for Chick-fil-A. Sen. Lindsey Graham is up in arms over a college’s rejection of fast-food chain Chick-fil-A. Graham was weighing in on students’ objections to the restaurant being on campus at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana.
- Such rejection. Dogecoin co-creator slams cryptocurrency, calling it a “right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology.” Jackson Palmer said cryptocurrency takes the worst parts of capitalism and uses technology to circumvent regulatory oversight, removing key “safety nets” for the average person.
- China blocks Tencent’s gaming grab. China tightens its grip on tech giants, killing a merger that would have allowed Tencent to dominate the video game streaming industry. Beijing continues to clamp down on monopolies among big tech, blocking plans by Tencent to merge China’s top two video game streaming websites.
- DeSantis tries to cash in on COVID. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is selling “Don’t Fauci my Florida” merch as the state reports some of the highest number of COVID cases in the country. The GOP rising star is also selling beer koozies that say “How the hell am I going to be able to drink a beer with a mask on?”
- A block for the ages. Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo came up with a season-saving block that’s a marvel in timing and athleticism, Antetokounmpo made an incredible recovery to block Deandre Ayton’s alley-oop slam dunk and help the Bucks win Game 4 of the NBA Finals. Just watch it.
That’s all for now. See you tomorrow.