If you buy through our links, we may earn money from affiliate partners. Learn more.
- We’re highlighting the best grill deals you can expect this season.
- Memorial Day is one of the best times to shop for grills, and we’ve organized some exclusive deals with several brands.
Memorial Day Weekend is upon us, and as the unofficial start of summer, it’s the perfect time to fire up the grill, throw on some burgers, steaks, and hot dogs, and enjoy a nice barbecue with your friends and family.
If you don’t own a grill or the one you have has seen better days, you’re in luck. This week, Insider Reviews has arranged a bunch of deals on grills, grilling meat, and grilling accessories to help you get started. If you’re wondering what grills to be looking for, read our guides to the best gas grills and the best charcoal grills.
Below you’ll find our exclusive deals, plus the best sales on grilling equipment from around the web this Memorial Day. We’ve also outlined everything you can expect from Memorial Day grill sales in the FAQ section. If you’re looking for more deals, check out our coverage on spring deals and Memorial Day mattress deals, plus all our deals coverage here.
Keep reading to learn about the best deals on grills or find more Memorial Day sales here
The best deals on grills and grilling equipment
- Ace Hardware: Savings across select grills
- BBQ Guys: Save on select grills and grilling accessories.
- The Home Depot: Savings of up to 40% on select grills.
- Lowe’s: Save up to $150 on select pellet grills.
- Walmart: Select grills and grilling accessories on sale.
- Target: Save on select grills and accessories.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Select savings for Beyond+ members, save up to 25% on select BBQ tools
- Traeger: Free grill cover and pellets with select grill purchases.
- ThermoWorks: Save with new deals added regularly.
- Wayfair: Save hundreds of dollars on grills, smokers, and outdoor cooking appliances.
- Overstock: Save up to 20% on select grills and outdoor cooking accessories.
The best deals on meat and seafood for grilling
- Butcherbox: Get a free BBQ Bundle for new and canceled customers through May 31.
- Chicago Steak Company: Get free shipping plus 12 free 4-ounce burgers with orders over $99 with promo code FREEGIFTS.
- Cooks Venture: Get $20 off your first order with promo code TRYCV.
- Omaha Steaks: Get 50% off summer grilling favorites.
- Thrive Market: Get a free gift worth up to $25 with your order.
When do Memorial Day grills sales start?
Grill discounts start appearing steadily between January and Memorial Day, as retailers attempt to empty their inventory of old models before new grill models launch in the late spring.
What grills are typically discounted on Memorial Day?
The best grill discounts will vary by retailer, but you can bet that most retailers like The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, and Target will be offering discounts on major brands like Weber, Dyna-Glo, Nexgrill, and more.
When is the best time to buy a grill?
We typically see major sales on grills around Memorial Day (the start of grilling season) and Labor Day (when grill season winds down). You can also find solid deals throughout the colder months as stores attempt to empty their inventory in anticipation of new model launches in the spring. We recommend jumping on good grill deals before the summer months really get underway and stock is in high demand.
What grill should I buy?
The best grill for you depends on how often you grill, how many people you cook for, and what you typically make. We think most people will get the most out of a gas grill because they’re versatile, easy to use, and easy to clean. You can find our top gas grill picks in our buying guide.
If you like to make barbecue or other foods that are cooked low and slow, a charcoal grill may be a better bet. They take more time to get up and running each time you want to cook, but impart a rich, smoky flavor on the food and you never have to worry about running out of propane in the middle of cooking. You can read more about our picks for best charcoal grill here.
The next step up from a charcoal grill would be a smoker. We recommend looking into smokers only if you cook barbecue very regularly and have already tested the limits of a charcoal grill. Read more about the best smokers here.
Finally, there are specialty grills like salamander grills, pizza ovens, flat-top grills, hibachi-style grills, and more. You may want to consider these types of grills if you find that a standard gas or charcoal grill isn’t meeting your needs for the type of cooking you’re doing.