- Every month, Insider looks at the most anticipated new TV shows using data from the app TV Time.
- It’s derived from US users who use the app to track and react to what they’re watching.
- Disney+’s new animated “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” spinoff series, “The Bad Batch,” premieres this month on May 4 (“Star Wars” Day).
- A new Netflix superhero series from comic creator Mark Millar, “Jupiter’s Legacy,” also debuts.
- Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.
Description: “When a one-hit-wonder girl group from the 90’s gets sampled by a young rapper, its members reunite to give their pop star dreams one more shot. They may be grown women balancing spouses, kids, jobs, debt, aging parents, and shoulder pain, but can’t they also be Girls5eva? “
4. “The Underground Railroad” – Amazon Prime Video, May 14
Description: “‘Nothing was given, all was earned. Hold on to what belongs to you.’ From Academy Award winner Barry Jenkins and based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Colson Whitehead comes the Amazon Original limited series ‘The Underground Railroad.'”
3. “Jupiter’s Legacy” – Netflix, May 6
Description: “They’re the first generation of superheroes. But as they pass the torch to their children, tensions are rising — and the old rules no longer apply.”
2. “M.O.D.O.K.” – Hulu, May 21
Description: “An egomaniacal super villain struggles to maintain control of his evil organization after it is bought by a multinational tech company, all while juggling the needs of his demanding family.”
1. “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” – Disney+, May 4
Description: “‘Star Wars: The Bad Batch’ follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in ‘The Clone Wars’) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch—a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill that makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew.”