- Spotify’s Pet Playlist feature creates a playlist of music that you’ll like, based on your pet’s personality.
- You’ll need to tell Spotify what kind of pet you have; you can pick a dog, cat, iguana, hamster, or bird.
- Spotify says they consulted with a musicologist to pick songs that your specific pet is likely to enjoy.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Every year, Spotify releases a few special playlists that auto-generate based on your tastes. They’re fun extras that let you share your unique tastes with friends and even discover new tracks.
One of the most popular of these playlists is the Pet Playlist. Based on musicology research and a pet-focused survey that Spotify conducted, the Pet Playlist generates a list of songs that you’ll enjoy, and your pet might too. The playlist’s songs are picked according to what kind of pet you have and their personality.
Here’s how to make a Spotify Pet Playlist, and get jamming with your small friends.
How to make a Spotify Pet Playlist
You can do this on your computer or phone, but it doesn’t use the actual Spotify app.
1. In an internet browser, head to Spotify’s Pet Playlist homepage and click Let’s Go. If you haven’t already, you’ll be asked to log into your Spotify account.
2. Pick what kind of pet you have, and then click Next. You can choose a dog, cat, iguana, hamster, or bird.
3. Use the sliders to describe your pet’s personality. You’ll have to pick between Relaxed or Energetic, Shy or Friendly, and Apathetic or Curious.
6. Finally, type in your pet’s name and – if you like – upload a picture of them.
7. Spotify will take a moment to generate your playlist. Once it’s done, click Listen Now to start playing it. You can also click the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram icons to share a preview of your playlist on social media.
Once you click Listen Now, the playlist will be saved to your Spotify Library so you can easily find it again.