- You can change your Netflix password using the website or mobile app.
- If you don’t remember your Netflix password, click or tap “Forgot password?” to reset it.
- Like all passwords, it’s a good idea to make your Netflix password unique and complex.
- This story is a part of Business Insider’s Guide to Netflix Tips and Tricks.
Your Netflix password is an important tool for protecting your account. It keeps strangers from using your account, obviously, but it also helps safeguard your payment information.
Experts agree that keeping a different password for every site you use – and making sure that password is complex – is the best way to keep your information secure.
With that in mind, here’s how to change your Netflix password, even if you don’t remember it.
How to change your Netflix password
The steps to change your Netflix password are the same on both computers and phones.
1. Head to https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount and log into your account, if you haven’t already.
2. In the Membership and Billing section, click Change password.
3. On the Change Password page, enter your existing password and then the new one you want to change it to. There are no requirements for what your password has to contain – it just needs to be between six and 60 characters long.
4. Confirm the new password, and when you’re done, click “Save.”
How to change your Netflix password if you’ve forgotten it
If you want to change your password, you usually need to enter your current password to prove you really own the account. But if you’ve lost or forgotten your password, there’s a workaround.
If you’re currently logged into your account, follow the steps above to reach the Change Password page. Once there, click Forgot password? If you’ve been logged out of your account and can’t remember the password, head to the login page and click or tap Need help?
You’ll be given the option to reset your password via email or text message – you’ll be sent a link where you can make a new password.
If you don’t remember which email address or phone number you connected to your Netflix account, you can enter the first and last name associated with the account, as well as the card number you use to pay for it.
Dave Johnson contributed to a previous version of this article.