- You can cancel Tinder Gold using the Tinder app, the website, your iPhone’s Settings app, or the Google Play Store.
- The exact method you need to use to cancel Tinder Gold depends on how you signed up.
- Once you cancel Tinder Gold, you’ll keep the features until your next billing date.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you’re a Tinder power-user, you’re probably familiar with Tinder Gold. As Tinder’s premium subscription tier, a Gold account lets you see who’s swiped right on you, lets you boost your account so more people can see it, and more.
But it’s also a bit pricey – a Tinder Gold subscription is $14.99 per month if you’re younger than 30 years old, and shoots up to $29.99 if you’re over 30. That’s more expensive than nearly any streaming service.
Luckily, cancelling a Tinder Gold subscription is simple. The exact way to do it just depends on how you signed up for Gold in the first place.
How to cancel Tinder Gold
If you signed up with the iPhone app
Like most subscriptions, signing up for Tinder Gold on an iPhone links your Tinder account to your Apple ID. This means that you’ll have to cancel Tinder Gold using your Apple ID, too.
1. Open your iPhone’s Settings app and tap your name at the top of the screen.
2. In the Apple ID menu, tap Subscriptions.
3. Tap Tinder Gold, and then select Cancel Subscription.
If you signed up with the Android app
1. Open the Tinder app and tap your profile picture in the top-left corner.
2. Select Settings, then scroll down to tap Manage Payment Account.
3. Tap Cancel Subscription.
If you signed up with the Google Play Store
Occasionally, signing up for Tinder Gold on an Android will link it to your Google Play account.
1. Open the Google Play Store app and tap your profile picture in the top-right corner.
2. Tap Payments & subscriptions, and then Subscriptions.
3. Select your Tinder Gold subscription and tap Cancel Subscription.
If you signed up on the Tinder website
1. Log into the Tinder website and click your profile picture and name in the top-left corner.
2. Under Account Settings, click Manage Payment Account.
3. Scroll down to Cancel Subscription and click Cancel.
4. Confirm that you want to cancel your Gold account.