- You can cancel Amazon Prime at any time, whether you have a paid subscription or free trial.
- It’s possible to receive either a partial or full refund for Amazon Prime based on the timing and use of benefits.
- To inquire about a refund for Amazon Prime, you should contact Amazon customer service.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Amazon Prime is a great service for those who order from the site regularly. But it’s possible you’ve signed up for Amazon Prime and then decided that it wasn’t quite right for you.
Whatever your reasoning, canceling your Amazon Prime subscription is simple and straightforward, whether you have a free trial or pay for the service. Here’s how to do it.
How to cancel Amazon Prime
To cancel Amazon Prime, log into your account and click on “Your Prime Membership” under the category “Accounts & Lists.” Select “End Membership and Benefits” on the left side of the page and then click “Continue to Cancel” and “Cancel Membership” each time these prompts appear.
Here’s a full step-by-step guide:
1. Log into your Amazon account and navigate to the top right corner of the page. Hover over “Account & Lists” and click on “Your Prime Membership” from the dropdown menu.
2. The left-hand side of the “Your Prime Membership” page will show your membership info, including your preferred payment card, the date your account is paid through, as well an option to end your membership. Click on the “End Membership and Benefits” option on the left side of the page.
3. On the next page, Amazon will try to convince you to stay on board with Prime by reminding you of all the benefits you’ll lose should you decide to go through with cancellation. Scroll to the bottom and click on the “I Do Not Want My Benefits” button.
4. Amazon will then follow up twice to make sure that you want to cancel your membership. Click “Continue to Cancel” and “Cancel Membership” on the two subsequent screens that appear to cancel your account.
How to get a refund for Amazon Prime
According to Amazon, customers who have paid for a Prime membership but never used their benefits could be eligible for a full refund.
If you want to cancel your membership within three business days of converting from your free trial, you’re also eligible for a full refund – provided you didn’t use any Prime benefits during that time.
Those who have used the benefits could be eligible for a partial refund based on the remaining time in their membership and their use.