- You can cancel any tier of a Crunchyroll premium membership or free account in your Profile settings on Crunchyroll.com.
- You must cancel a Crunchyroll membership subscription before the start of a new billing cycle as full or partial refunds are not available once charged.
- There is currently no way to cancel a membership or account through the Crunchyroll Android or iPhone app.
- If you are having issues canceling your Crunchyroll membership, you can reach out directly through Crunchyroll’s contact form.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Crunchyroll was once the only streaming service to offer a substantial variety of anime, but now other popular streaming services have caught on. Netflix and Hulu, as well as Funimation, are in the anime game and offer their own libraries of content featuring some of today’s most popular titles, including “One Piece,” “Black Clover,” and “Naruto.”
If you think you’re ready to make the switch from Crunchyroll, you can cancel all three paid membership tiers – Fan, Mega Fan, and Ultra Fan. Your membership will expire one day before the renewal date, and after that, revert to a free account.
You should know that canceling your premium membership will not delete your entire account. You’ll need to go through an additional process if you want to completely remove the free version.
Here’s how to cancel a premium Crunchyroll membership and delete your entire account.
How to cancel a premium Crunchyroll membership
1. Open a web browser and go to crunchyroll.com.
2. Log in to your account, if you aren’t already.
3. Click on the profile tab in the top right corner of the homepage.
4. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
5. Under the account settings section, click on Premium Membership Status.
6. Click the Cancel Membership button underneath your premium membership details.
7. After clicking cancel membership, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm cancellation. Click OK.
How to cancel a free Crunchyroll membership
1. On a web browser, log in to your Crunchyroll account.
2. Go to crunchyroll.com/nuke.
3. An optional survey will appear asking why you’re deleting your membership. Below that is a button to “Deactivate Now.” Click it.
4. A pop up will appear asking whether you want to permanently delete your account. Click OK.