- Spotify’s new “Only You” feature shows how unique your listening tastes are, and gives you a musical astrology reading.
- Only You compares your favorite artists and genres, and shows you which combinations stand out the most from Spotify’s user base.
- You can find Only You in Spotify’s iPhone and Android apps, along with a hub of unique playlists.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
At the end of each year, Spotify releases a personalized playlist called “Spotify Wrapped” that shows you what your favorite songs of the year were. It’s always a fun way to see how your tastes changed, and rediscover songs you might have forgotten.
Every so often, Spotify will come out with a similar personalized feature – this time, they’ve unveiled the “Only You” page.
Only You compares all the songs and artists you have saved, and notes which ones are the most different from one another, and which combinations set you apart from other users. Spotify claims they’ve done this by analyzing every user’s music tastes, and picking out the songs or artists that you listen to together, but no one else does. For example, if you listen to both heavy metal and classical baroque pieces, that might show up.
You’ll also get a faux-astrology reading, and a page where you can find special playlists made just for you.
Here’s how to find and share your personalized Only You list.
How to find and use Spotify’s Only You feature
You can find Only You in either of Spotify’s smartphone apps for iPhone and Android. Before anything, make sure that the app is fully updated.
1. Open the Spotify app and log into your account if you haven’t already.
2. If you haven’t seen Only You before, it might pop up automatically, or on your Home tab. Otherwise, tap Search at the bottom of the screen.
3. Underneath the search bar, you should see a pop-up labeled Find out how you listen. Tap this.
4. Your Only You list will start playing. Either wait for each page to pass, or tap the right side of the screen to progress.
5. On the seventh page, you’ll be asked to plan your “Dream Dinner Party” – you can select three artists you like, and Spotify will make you playlists of their most popular songs, and songs by artists like them. Tap Add Mixes to Your Library to save the playlists.
6. When you’re done, you’ll be shown every page in the Only You slideshow. Tap Share under any page, and you can send it to a friend or another app.