- You can record the screen on your Samsung phone by adding the Screen Record option to your Quick Settings.
- Once you’ve enabled Screen Record, you can take videos of nearly any app on your Samsung phone.
- If you’re not running Android 11 or newer, you might have to use a third-party screen recorder app.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
The iPhone famously has a built-in screen recording feature, making it easy to capture all the action happening on your iPhone’s display.
If you have a Samsung phone, there’s no need to be jealous; every Android phone has a screen recorder, too. You can use it to make video recordings of nearly any app – though some apps like Netflix will just give you a black screen – and then share or edit the videos later.
Here’s how to enable the screen recorder and use it on your Samsung phone, whether it’s a Galaxy, Note, or otherwise.
How to screen record on any Samsung phone
To take a screen recording, you’ll need to enable your Samsung’s recording feature.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification panel, and then swipe down again to open the “Quick Settings” screen. If the screen recorder has already been enabled, you’ll find it on this page.
2. If it’s not there, tap the pencil icon in the bottom-left corner. This will let you customize which icons are on the page. (Note that on some Samsung phones, you may instead have to tap a three-dot icon, and then “Button Order.”)
3. In the menu that appears, tap and drag the “Screen Record” option to the top of the screen. This way, it’ll appear in your Quick Settings.
4. Once the Screen Record option is there, just tap it. You’ll be asked if you want to include audio and if you want your taps to be highlighted – once you make your choice and tap “Start,” the recording will start.
When you’re done recording, pull down the notification panel again and tap the “Tap to stop” option.
Where to find your screen recordings on a Samsung phone
Your videos will be saved in whatever the default location for photos and videos is on your phone. Depending on your settings and Samsung model, this can be Google Photos, the Gallery app, or the My Files app.
Through these apps, you can then edit or share the screen recordings like you would any other video. For example, you can trim off the start and end of the clip so viewers don’t see you fiddling around in the notifications panel.