- Spotify’s Wrapped is a feature that gives you cumulative stats on all the things you listened to on Spotify this year.
- Finding your Wrapped story and playlists is easy once you know where to look, and there are a few different ways to access it.
- You can also go back and look at Wrapped playlists from past years.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
It’s that time of year again – the now-familiar Spotify Wrapped roundups have come out, and everyone’s buzzing about what songs they listened to most, who their top artists were, and how they stacked up in terms of branching out in their taste during the unprecedented year of 2020, among many other things.
If you haven’t heard of Spotify Wrapped, it’s a yearly tradition in which Spotify rounds up all of your listening data from January 1 to October 31 and compiles it into a detailed list of your stats in that time range. This year’s Wrapped 2020 tells you how many new artists you discovered, how many genres you listened to along with several top fives: your five most played songs, your top podcasts (a new feature), and your top artists.
It also condenses this information into Story-sized bites that are easy to share on your social media, as you’ve probably been seeing already. Your Spotify Wrapped story can only be found on a smartphone for a limited time if you are a subscriber. Here’s how to find and share it.
How to find your Spotify Wrapped story and playlists
1. To find your Wrapped landing page, you should be able to simply scroll down on Spotify’s homepage, until you see the pink icon that says “Your 2020 Wrapped” next to it. If you’re not logged in, simply enter your credentials.
- If you can’t find it, go to the Search tab and scroll down to find the Wrapped icon, or type “2020 Wrapped” and it should be the first result. If you’re not a subscriber, you can find general Wrapped 2020 listening data by visiting https://2020.byspotify.com and hitting “Start” on the landing page.
2. Tapping “Your 2020 Wrapped” banner will take you to the Wrapped landing page on the app. Tap the banner at the top, reading “See how you listened in 2020,” to view your story and stats.
- You can also scroll down on this menu to find other cool year-end features, including a playlist of your top 100 songs of 2020, hit songs you haven’t listened to, and some of the most popular artists of the year in general.
3. To share a slide from your Wrapped story, hit “Share this story” under the individual story card to share it to your choice of social media.
If you want to find past Wrapped stories, you’re out of luck – they’re only available to view for a limited time. However, you can see your past Wrapped playlists by simply entering the year and “wrapped” into the search bar.
While the entire 2020 Wrapped breakdown won’t be available on the desktop version of Spotify, there are still some features that are available.
In the Spotify desktop app, if you navigate to the “Made for you” tab in the left hand sidebar, you can see not only your 2020 Wrapped playlist and your missed hits playlist, but also past Wrapped playlists other playlists made especially for you, like a playlist of songs you’ve played frequently in the past called “Repeat Rewind,” and in the more recent past, “On Repeat.”