Pinterest users with approved business accounts can now test out a new feature called Story Pins.
Rich Polk/Getty Images for Pinterest
You can get Story Pins on Pinterest, similar to Instagram Stories, with a Pinterest business account.
With Story Pins, you can combine multiple images, videos, and text to market and promote your business in new ways.
Pinterest Story Pins are still in the beta phase of development so you’ll need to be approved before you can use this feature.
Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
At the end of 2020,
Pinterest launched a new feature called Story Pins. If you’re familiar with Instagram Stories, the concept is fairly similar, with the added twist of being pin-able.
Currently, Story Pins are only available for Pinterest business accounts, and you need to request access in order to create them. Here’s a step-by-step process on how that works.
How to get Story Pins on Pinterest with a business account
In order to create Story Pins, you’ll first need a Pinterest business account.
1. If you already have a personal account on Pinterest, you can upgrade it to a business account in your profile settings; if you’ve never used Pinterest before, you’ll need to create an account for your business.
2. On Pinterest’s business hub, type a name for your business and answer the website and demographic questions. Click “Next” when you’re done.
Before you can create Story Pins, you’ll need to set up your Pinterest business account.
3. Select a focus for your brand and click on some goals you have for your Pinterest account. Click “Next” when finished.
You’ll need to select a branding focus and goals before continuing, but you can also indicate that you’re not sure what you’re looking for yet.
4. Click on the option that best represents your business or click “I’m not sure.” When you’re finished, click “Next.”
Select the option that matches your business the best.
5. Answer the question about advertising and click “Next.”
You’ll be asked about your interest in advertising on Pinterest, but you don’t need to make your mind up right away.
6. From your Pinterest business account’s homepage, click “Create,” then click “Story Pins” in the drop-down menu that appears.
Click “Create,” then click “Story Pins.”
7. Because Story Pins are still in development, not everyone can use them, and you’ll need to request access from Pinterest in order to be included in the beta trial. Click “Request access” to begin the process. It can take up to two days for Pinterest to get back to you, but when they do, you’ll be notified within the Pinterest app itself.
You need to request access to Story Pins before you can create them.
Once you’ve been approved to use Story Pins, you can create them in the “Create” tab the same way you would any other Pin, but with the added advantage of being able to combine multiple images, videos, and text to promote your business in creative and unique ways. Play around with it and see what suits your business best.