Roblox contains a wide world of user-generated games, and while playing is free, in-game upgrades and avatar accessories (as well as a premium membership) will cost you.
But if you have a Roblox gift card, you can use that to pay for the platform’s virtual currency, Robux, and take advantage of those extra options.
There are two ways to redeem a Roblox gift card: Applying the balance to your account or using it while checking out. Either way, you’ll need to go through a web browser, because these processes are not available on the app.
OptiFine is a versatile program that many “Minecraft” players can’t imagine going without, particularly when playing on a less capable computer. It’s a “Minecraft: Java Edition” optimizer, allowing computers with less memory and less powerful graphics cards to run the game more smoothly.
OptiFine also gives you access to tons of new texture packs and HD shaders to make your game look as good as possible, as well a few useful new gameplay mechanics, including the famous “OptiFine Zoom.”
It’s different from mods in how it’s installed and runs, but is similar in that it changes how the game looks and works.
Here are two ways to install and use OptiFine, depending on whether or not you want to use it with other mods.
How to install and run OptiFine in ‘Minecraft’ without mods
1. In a web browser of your choice, navigate to the OptiFine downloads page. If you aren’t running the most current version of “Minecraft,” click “Show all versions” to find and select your version.
2. Click “Download” next to the version of OptiFine that you want. Click “Skip” in the top-right corner after a brief countdown if you’re taken to an ad break page.
3. Click “Download” when you’re redirected to the OptiFine download, and save it anywhere you can find it. You may see a warning about your download from your browser and/or computer, which you can safely disregard.
4. Navigate to the downloaded OptiFine file, which will be an executable .jar file. Double-click the file to open the installer and click “Install.” You should then see a message saying OptiFine has been successfully installed.
5. Open your Minecraft Launcher, and in the drop-down menu to the left of the “Play” button, make sure that “OptiFine” is selected. Once it is, click “Play.”
6. When “Minecraft” loads, select “Options…” from the main menu, then “Video Settings.” You’ll know that the OptiFine download was successful if you see added options like “Shaders,” “Details,” and “Animations.”
How to install and run OptiFine to work with ‘Minecraft’ mods
1. Follow the first three steps to download OptiFine as shown above. If you haven’t already, download Minecraft Forge as well. You can follow our guide here.
2. Open the Minecraft Launcher app.
3. In the drop-down menu near the green play button, select “forge” then click “Play” to launch.
4. You’ll see the “Mods” option in the Minecraft main menu. Click it, then select “Open mods folder.” Java will automatically open the mods folder created by Forge.
5. Drag and drop the .jar OptiFine file that you downloaded into this mods folder.
6. Close “Minecraft” and relaunch it, again running the Forge installation version. This time on the load screen, you should see the message “Found 2 modfiles to load” pass by, indicating that OptiFine has been incorporated into Forge.
7. You can check that it’s been installed correctly the same way as before: By going into the main menu and selecting “Options…” then “Video Settings.” If there are additional options like “Shaders,” “Details,” and “Animations,” then OptiFine is installed.
How to get started using OptiFine
OptiFine adds a lot of new options and settings to your game, so it can be a bit confusing to jump right in. Here’s some of the basic features, explained.
“Minecraft” is famous for how many mods it has, and how easy they are to install. These mods can be practical – like creating a new item – or they can add fun thematic elements to your game, such as new game modes.
To install these mods, you’ll need to use a free add-on called Minecraft Forge. This will let you customize “Minecraft: Java Edition” with mods.
Here’s how to install Minecraft Forge, and use it to install mods.
How to add a mod to Minecraft
Forge won’t come with mods built into it, so you’ll need to find them yourself. You can find all sorts of “Minecraft” mods through Google, and websites like minecraftmods.com.
Once you’ve found one that’s appealing, save the file to your newly-created Forge mods folder. The address on your PC will be: C:Users[your username]AppDataRoaming.minecraftmods
On a Mac, it’ll be: [your computer’s name] > Macintosh HD > Users > [your username] > Library > Application Support > minecraft > mods
In place of [your username], insert the name of the account you’re using on your computer.
Once you’ve done that, you can check that the mod is enabled by clicking the “Mods” tab on the “Minecraft” main menu (see above), then confirming that the mod is listed in the left column beneath the “Minecraft” version you’re running.
DPI, or dots per inch, is the measure of a computer mouse’s sensitivity. The higher your DPI, the farther your on-screen cursor will move for every inch your move the mouse.
This is why many people choose to change the DPI on their computer mouse. Lowering the DPI can help with tasks that require precision, like drawing with a mouse; raising the DPI is ideal if you need faster movement for games or other apps.
More advanced mice often have sliders or buttons that allow you to adjust the DPI in the mouse itself. Some have dedicated computer apps that will let you do it too.
However, if your mouse has neither of these things, you can still artificially adjust the DPI using your computer’s settings menus. Just note that while using this method is safe, it can make your cursor seem buggy or less accurate. This is especially true if you try to make a slow mouse go much faster.
If you ever wanted to play your Xbox One games on your PC, you’re in luck. Many Xbox One games can be played easily on a Windows 10 computer. This is great for homes that share one Xbox console, since you won’t have to compete to use the singular console.
There are two ways to play Xbox One games on your computer. The first method is through a service called Xbox Play Anywhere. The second option requires you to stream the game through Windows 10, which will require a constant internet connection. Here’s a step-by-step guide for each method.
How to play Xbox One games on PC using Xbox Play Anywhere
If you already own a game that is included on the Xbox Play Anywhere list, you can play it on your PC for no additional charge, and you can sync your game data between your PC and Xbox One.
3. Click “Get” or “Install.” If a pop-up appears requesting that you use the Microsoft Store app, click on the option that allows you to do so.
4. Once the game finishes installing, click “Play” to launch the game. Have fun!
How to play Xbox One games on PC via streaming to Windows 10
If the game you want to play remotely isn’t included on the Xbox Play Anywhere list, your only other option is to play it via streaming.
To do this, your PC and Xbox One will need to be on the same internet connection. You’ll also need to make sure that both systems stay connected to the internet – if you lose your connection, you’ll lose the stream.
You should also make sure that both devices are fully updated. If there are any updates pending, install them.
1. On your Xbox One’s Home screen, press the Xbox button on the controller.
2. Navigate to the Profile & System tab, and select the “Settings” option.
3. In to the “Devices & connections” tab, select “Remote features.”
4. Select “Xbox app preferences.”
5. On the left-side menu, select either “Allow connections from any device” or “Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox.” On the right-side menu, select “Allow game streaming to other devices.”