Zuckerberg receives a pre-tax annual allowance of $10 million for his family’s security, and in 2020, Facebook spent an additional $13.4 million on personal security for Zuckerberg “at his residences and during personal travel pursuant to Mr. Zuckerberg’s overall security program,” the filing said.
Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg was the runner-up in the Protocol tally, with more than $7.6 million spent on her safety in 2020. Alphabet’s Sundar Pichai came in third with $5.4 million.
Former Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos was compensated $1.6 million by his company for security, while he paid additional costs himself. Meanwhile, Uber paid $120,000 to set up CEO Dara Khosrowshahi’s home office, and has assigned a security specialist to his house, Protocol reported.
The $3 million rise in security spend from 2019 to 2020 was “primarily due to regular personal travel, costs relating to security protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic, increased security coverage during the 2020 US elections and other periods with increased security risk, and market increases in the costs of security personnel,” Facebook said.
“Mr. Zuckerberg’s role puts him in a unique position,” the company wrote in the filing. “He is synonymous with Facebook, and as a result, negative sentiment regarding our company is directly associated with, and often transferred to, Mr. Zuckerberg.”
Zuckerberg accepted a $1 salary from Facebook, as he has in previous years, and didn’t receive any bonus payments or incentive compensation, the company said in the filing.
Facebook and other social media platforms faced a surge in misinformation on their sites when the pandemic started and the US elections kicked off. After former President Donald Trump falsely claimed that the election was stolen, including via his Facebook page, and triggered rioters to storm the US Capitol, the social media site suspended him indefinitely.
In March, Zuckerberg faced Congress with Google CEO Sundar Pichai and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to talk about spread of misinformation on their social media platforms. Zuckerberg also faced the Senate in November to be challenged by lawmakers about decisions Facebook took around the election.
Creating a content calendar for your Facebook page or group can help you maintain a consistent voice and posting schedule. And lining up your posts ahead of time will save you the stress of posting in real time.
Here’s how to schedule a post on Facebook, keep track of what you schedule, and edit posts after they’re published.
How to schedule a post on a Facebook page
To schedule a post from a Facebook page, you must be a manager of the page. Here’s how to do it on the Facebook website and the Facebook Business Suite mobile app.
2. From the Facebook homepage, click Pages in the sidebar menu on the left.
3. Under Pages you manage, click the page you want to post in.
4. Once on your page, scroll down in the sidebar menu on the left and click PublishingTools. You’ll be taken to the Facebook Business Suite site.
5. In the top-right corner of Facebook Business Suite, click CreatePost.
6. On the left side of the pop-up, type your post in the Text field.
7. Underneath the Text field, you can also add media or a location.
8. Once you’ve finished creating your post, click the blue downward-facing arrow next to the blue Publish button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
9. Click SchedulePost in the pop-up.
10. In the small pop-up window, select a date and time for your scheduled post and hit Save.
11. Click SchedulePost in the bottom-right corner of the window, and your post will be automatically published at the date and time you chose.
From the Posts page of the Facebook Business Suite, you can see your scheduled posts by clicking the Scheduled tab in the center of the page. To edit a scheduled post, click on it and click the icon of three horizontal dots beside the post details.
From the Facebook Business Suite mobile app:
1. Download the Facebook Business Suite app (formerly known as Pages Manager) for iPhone/iPad or Android, and log in to your account.
2. From the Home tab on the app, tap Publish at the top of the page under your page name.
3. Write your post’s text in the Write something… section. If you wish, you can customize your post at the bottom by selecting Photo/Video, Location, Live Video, Feeling/Activity, or Get Messages.
4. Once you’ve written and customized your post, tap Next in the top-right corner.
5. At the top of the Review page, tap Scheduling Options.
6. Select Schedule for later, choose a date and time, and hit Done in the top-right corner.
7. Review the details of your scheduled post and tap Schedule in the top-right corner.
From the Posts page, you can see your scheduled posts by tapping the Scheduled tab in the top of the page. To edit a scheduled post, tap the icon of three vertical dots beside the post details.
How to schedule a post on a Facebook group
To schedule a post on a Facebook group, you must be a manager of the group. Here’s how to do it on the Facebook website and the Facebook mobile app.
2. From the Facebook homepage, click Groups in the sidebar menu on the left.
3. Under Groups you manage in the sidebar menu on the left, click the group you want to post in.
4. From your group’s homepage, click the What’s on your mind? textbox.
5. In the Create post pop-up window, write your post’s text in the Write something… section. If you wish, you can customize your post with photos, videos, and more by selecting an option in the Add to your post section.
6. Once you’ve written and customized your post, click the calendar icon in the bottom-right corner of the window next to the blue Post button.
7. Choose a date and time and hit Schedule.
To view and edit your scheduled post, scroll down to the bottom of the sidebar menu on the left and click Scheduled posts, then click the icon of three horizontal dots beside your scheduled post to edit or delete your post.
2. From the app homepage, tap the icon of three horizontal lines, located in the bottom-right corner on iPhone/iPad and in the top-right corner on Android.
3. Select Groups from the menu.
4. At the top of the Groups page, select Your Groups.
5. Under Groups You Manage, select the group you want to post in.
6. Tap the Write something… textbox in the center of the page.
7. In the pop-up, write your post’s text in the Create a post… section. If you wish, you can customize your post with photos, videos, and more by selecting an option in the swipe-up menu at the bottom.
8. Once you’ve written and customized your post, tap Schedule underneath your profile name at the top of the post draft.
9. Choose a date and time and hit Save in the top-right corner.
10. Review the details of your scheduled post and tap Post in the top-right corner.
To view and edit your scheduled post, tap the icon of a badge with a star inside it in the top-right corner of your group page. Then, under Tool Shortcuts, select Scheduled Posts and tap the icon of three horizontal dots beside your scheduled post.
Facebook doesn’t make it easy to know whether someone has blocked you.
They do this for privacy and security reasons, which means that, unfortunately, you won’t get confirmation that someone has blocked your account.
However, it is possible to deduce whether you’ve been blocked based on how the Messenger app behaves when you try to send a message.
Here’s how you can tell if someone’s blocked you on the Facebook messaging app.
How to know if someone blocked you on Messenger
When you use the Messenger app on your phone or in a browser on your desktop, you are probably familiar with the status icons next to the messages you send. There are four such icons:
An unfilled, empty circle means the message has not been sent. This is typically because you don’t have any internet access when you try to send a message.
An unfilled icon with a check mark means the message has been sent but not delivered to the recipient.
A check mark icon that’s filled in means the message has been delivered.
An icon that’s filled with your recipient’s profile picture means it has been read.
As long as the recipient is logged into Facebook, your message should be delivered within a few moments, which means you’ll see the check mark icon’s filled-in version. Of course, it might not be read for a while; your recipient needs to open Messenger and view the message thread for that to happen.
If you send a message to someone and the message is not delivered, meaning that only an unfilled check mark icon appears, it generally means one of two things:
The user has not logged into Facebook.
The user has blocked you on Messenger.
It’s not always possible to tell the difference, but if you see that the recipient has posted to his or her Facebook page or comments on other people’s posts, that implies he or she is logged into Facebook. If your message remains undelivered, you are probably blocked.
Internet security isn’t something to be taken lightly, and social media sites are some of the most heavily targeted sites by hackers.
One of the ways you can keep your data safe – or at least drastically reduce the chance of being hacked – is by regularly changing your password, particularly on Facebook.
Thankfully, creating a new password is easy on both the Facebook website as well as in the Facebook mobile app. Here’s how to do it.
How to change your Facebook password on the website
1. Open Facebook in a web browser and log into your account, if you haven’t already.
2. Click the downward-pointing arrow at the top-right of the screen, then click Settings & Privacy and Settings.
3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, click Security and login.
4. Scroll down to the Login section, and next to the Change password option, click Edit.
5. Type in your current password, then enter a new one and enter it again to confirm.
6. Click Save Changes to confirm your new password.
How to change your Facebook password on the mobile app
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android and tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner of your screen to open a menu of options.
2. Scroll down and tap the Settings & Privacy section, and then again on Settings.
3. On the next screen, under Security, tap Security and Login to be taken to a menu with your security options.
4. Under Login, tap Change password.
5. On the Change Password screen, enter your current password and your new password, and then re-write your new password to confirm it.
How to turn on two-factor authentication on Facebook
Even if you have a strong password that you change regularly, it’s always worth adding two-factor authentication to your Facebook account.
Related Article Module: How to set up two-factor authentication on Facebook to help protect your account
Two-factor authentication makes it so when someone tries to log into your Facebook account, they’ll also need to enter a code that’s texted to your phone. It’s one of the best ways to keep your account safe.
To turn on two-factor authentication, head to the same “Security and Login” menu as above, and use the “Two-Factor Authentication” options there.