If you buy through our links, we may earn money from affiliate partners. Learn more.
- UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt will be streamed live on ESPN+ on May 22.
- Prelims start at 4 p.m. ET, while the main card is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET.
- Every UFC Fight Night is included with ESPN+, which costs $6 a month or $60 per year.
High-ranking bantamweights Rob Font and Cody Garbrandt will meet in the main event of this weekend’s UFC Fight Night on ESPN+, with coverage beginning at 4 p.m. ET.
Font and Garbrandt are ranked third and fourth in their weight class, respectively, and a win at UFC Fight Night would put them on a fast track to battle for UFC’s bantamweight championship. Font enters the match with three consecutive victories under his belt, including a first-round knockout that earned him UFC’s Performance of the Night honors in December 2020.
Garbrandt previously held the title in 2017 but suffered a trio of losses that left him considering a move to flyweight. He contracted COVID-19 last year and subsequent health complications have kept him out of the octagon since June 2020.
Both the prelims and main card of this week’s UFC Fight Night will air exclusively on ESPN+, with prelim coverage starting at 4 p.m. ET from UFC’s Las Vegas campus. The main card is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET.
UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt will be held without fans in attendance because of the COVID-19 pandemic. UFC 264 on July 10 will be the first Las Vegas UFC event with a full crowd since the pandemic began. UFC has consistently implemented safety precautions for fighters and staff, including advanced medical screenings, regular testing, temperature checks, and social distancing guidelines.
Here’s the match schedule for UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt
Prelims – 4 p.m. ET, 1 p.m. PT on ESPN+
- Rafael Alves versus Damir Ismagulov [Lightweight]
- Yancy Medeiros versus Damir Hadzovic [Lightweight]
- David Dvorak versus Juancamilo Ronderos [Flyweight]
- Josh Culibao versus Shayilan Nuerdanbieke [Featherweight]
- Bruno Silva versus Victor Rodriguez [Flyweight]
- Court McGee versus Claudio Silva [Welterweight]
- Ben Rothwell versus Chris Barnett [Heavyweight]
Main card – 7 p.m. ET, 4 p.m. PT on ESPN+
- Jack Hermansson versus Edmen Shahbazyan [Middleweight]
- Ricardo Ramos versus Bill Algeo [Featherweight]
- Felicia Spencer versus Norma Dumont Viana [Women’s featherweight]
- Justin Tafa versus Jared Vanderaa [Heavyweight]
- Yan Xiaonan versus Carla Esparza [Women’s strawweight]
- Rob Font versus Cody Garbrandt [Bantamweight]
How to watch UFC Fight Night matches
UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt is separated into two parts: the prelims and the main card. The entire event will be streamed live on ESPN+, starting with the prelims at 4 p.m. ET. The main card will begin at 7 p.m. ET.
ESPN+ subscribers can watch every UFC Fight Night event live and also gain access to a huge catalog of classic UFC matches and recent highlights. ESPN+ costs $6 a month or $60 for a full year, and it’s available as an app on most mobile and streaming devices. You can also bundle ESPN+ with Disney Plus and Hulu for $14 a month.
Some UFC Fight Nights are available on the ESPN cable network as well. If you don’t have cable, ESPN is available through live TV streaming services, including Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, and Youtube TV.