- You can’t see who views your TikTok videos, as the app lacks such a feature.
- TikTok offers users the ability to see how many times their video has been watched, but does not show which individual users or accounts view it.
- Early TikTok users were able to see who viewed their profile, but TikTok is one of many social media apps whose policies and features are continually changing.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
It’s completely normal for social media sites to frequently change their policies, features, and community guidelines. TikTok, the short-form video platform, is no different.
When TikTok launched, it had a feature that allowed users to see who visited their profile. But that is no longer the case. Unlike Instagram’s Stories or Snapchat, where users can see who views their content, TikTok doesn’t offer its users the ability to see who viewed their videos, only how many times each video has been viewed.
Can you see who views your TikTok?
No. TikTok does not have a feature that allows its users to see which accounts have viewed their videos. This means that while you may not be able to see who exactly is viewing your videos, your viewing habits are also left anonymous, too.
Instead of showing who has viewed your videos, TikTok only shows how many times videos on your profile have been viewed.
TikTok users can see who comments on their videos as well as who creates “duets” or “stitches” (essentially video edits) of their content using the Activity tab on the app.
How to see view counts for your TikToks
2. Select the Me icon in the bottom-right corner. This will take you to your profile.
3. Here, you can see your view count on each video in the lower-left corner. You will not be notified if your view count increases, so be sure to periodically check your profile to see how many views your videos have received.
How to see who has liked or reposted your TikToks
1. From the home screen of the TikTok app, select the Inbox tab at the bottom.
2. At the top, select the drop-down menu.
3. Here, you can filter your notifications to show what accounts have liked your videos, commented on your videos, followed you, or mentioned you.
How to control who views your TikToks
If you do not want to share your content with just anyone, consider making your TikTok account private.
To make your account private, go to Me in the bottom-right corner, then select the three-dot (or three-line) icon in the top-right corner, which is called Settings and privacy. Then, select Privacy.
On the Privacy page, switch the tab to Private Account.
With a private account you have the ability to approve or deny new followers, as well as who can privately message you. Remember that your profile picture, bio, and username are public.
To block specific users, go to their profile page, select the Menu icon at the top (resembling three horizontal dots or lines) and then tap Block at the bottom of the menu.