1. Bitcoin investors should be more aware of its history of bubbles and price crashes. Crypto exchange founder Bobby Lee said bitcoin is likely to shoot up further, but then crash dramatically.
2. Investors should buy real assets – from wine to art – according to Bank of America. The bank forecasts an uptick in inflation and that rates will weigh on stock returns for the next decade.
3. US companies are expected to see their strongest profit growth in nearly 20 years. The energy and materials sectors are on track to post double-digit increases in earnings.
4. Stocks were the only major asset class that gained in the first quarter. But Bank of America says ‘anemic’ returns may be on the horizon.
5. A majority of Americans surveyed think the digital art craze is more than just a fad and NFTs are here to stay. But a third of Britons think otherwise.
6. Earnings expected. Track today’s here.
7. Coming up on the economic calendar. What to expect today.
8. The second quarter is set to be filled with volatility and uncertainty. UBS shares six ways investors can adjust their portfolios now for this environment.
9. S&P 500 profitability should rebound this year after falling to a 4-year low in 2020. Goldman Sachs recommends 33 stocks to buy with the highest expected return on equity growth.
10. Four of the 5 biggest ETFs at Cathie Wood’s Ark Invest are negative this year. Experts share 9 reasons why the star fund manager’s underperformance relative to last year is likely to continue.